£1000 per week
05 May 2022
*EXCELLENT LIVE IN OPPORTUNITY*
Steps Ahead Care & Support, established in 2009 are rated OUTSTANDING by CQC and are specialists in acquired brain injury, spinal injuries, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. We offer bespoke packages to clients in their own homes and our support team help build our ethos by promoting client’s independence and offering them community-based and or rehabilitation support.
We are looking to recruit passionate & enthusiastic support workers to join Team Steps and become part of what we believe to be, something incredibly rewarding and person centred.
This role is based in Gloucester and surrounding areas and is a Live-In Carer role, on a one week on, one week off basis. FULL client specific training will be provided to all support workers.
The client is a gentleman in his 40s who suffers from an Acquired Brain Injury as a result of an accident involving a motorcycle when he was a child. The client is interested in drawing, puzzles and other crafts and loves playing pool. He also has a keen interest in exploring new places and exploring charity shops, as well as showing his support workers around his local area and his favourite spots.
What do we offer our team?
· Competitive rates of pay £1000 per week, including a food allowance.
· A comprehensive training package, including provision of mandatory training, role specific training and inclusion on QCF level 2 (dependent on your current qualifications)
· £200 bonus through the refer a friend scheme
· Access to our 24-hour on call/debrief service
· Free bespoke classroom-based training
· Access to a TRiM practitioner if required
· Chance to opt into our pension scheme
This is a Live-In Care position, requiring staff members to work on a one week on, one week off basis in Gloucester.
Please note: we can offer you work elsewhere in your week off from this client.
Responsibilities will include:
· Arranging & support to attend appointments
· General upkeep of the property
· Administering Medication
· Accessing the community
Requirements for the position:
· Acquired Brain Injury experience is preferred
The chosen individuals will be enthusiastic, reliable and self - motivated. Six months health and social care experience is preferable, however, transferrable skills and personal experience will be considered.
If you are interested in this role, would like to apply, or for further information please contact our Recruitment Co-Ordinator, at our HQ on 01752 547257