£35,00 - £37,000
14 September 2021
Steps Ahead Care & Support Ltd are pleased to announce that due to expansion, we are currently recruiting for a full-time Registered Manager to join our outstanding organisation, working within our busy team alongside Senior Administrators and Care Managers within our Head Office in Plymouth.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 08.30 – 17.00, overtime may be required
We are looking for a highly motivated, driven, and passionate person who can multitask, and work on their own initiative within a friendly and busy team environment. Successful candidates will be familiar with working with clients who have sustained an acquired brain injury or spinal injury, that work on a rehab model.
Your responsibilities include:
- Working alongside the current Registered Manager & Director and other management to ensure that our organisation continues to comply with and exceed CQC regulations and remains outstanding in all areas. You will be expected to work in an innovative way to ensure business development in all areas.
- Implementing person centred care plans and risk management plans for new and existing clients. This includes conducting weekly or monthly reviews (package dependent). This will also include attending monthly or 6 weekly multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Continually assessing the quality of the service being delivered, implementing appropriate quality assurance processes in line with company policies and contractual and regulatory standards.
- Communicating effectively with professionals - such as case managers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, social workers.
- Taking the lead in certain areas of compliance. This may include ISO 9001 & 45001, GDPR (including the National Data Opt-Out) and Safeguarding.
- Supporting our care coordinators with the running of all support packages, ensuring our service is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led. This will include overseeing the recruitment process, and may include conducting interviews and inductions for new starters
- Conducting 6 weekly supervisions and yearly appraisals for support staff
- Field work - being a part of the transition process for new packages, working with new and existing support teams and conducting spot checks when required
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Candidates must have as a minimum standard RMA NVQ4 or QCF5 or working towards and have significant experience of operational and organisational management of a care and support organisation, offering tailored packages of support to young people and adults.
- Experience in sustaining an organisation to exceed current compliance and legislation. Having knowledge on and experience with the CQC inspection process is essential.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy, and communication skills, including the ability to write reports, support plans, risk managements and supervision notes is essential, furthermore confidence in running CarePlanner or similar rostering system.
- Candidates must hold a valid UK driving licence, as you will be required to travel to clients and/or staff across England and Wales.
It is important that candidates for this position are well organised are able to prioritise to enable Steps Ahead Care & Support to meet the individual needs of the people who use the service. You must be resilient and able to work under pressure and be able to participate in the out of hours on call rota if required, which is operational 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What we can offer you:
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Apply today by calling our head office on 01752 547257!
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Expected start date: 11/10/2021