£10.32 - £16.30
20 August 2021
**Exciting opportunity for experienced and passionate support workers to join Steps Ahead Care and Support, rated as outstanding by CQC**
This role requires providing support to a male with a Spinal Injury in Dawlish.
The client enjoys heading out for walks with his dog and would like a Support Worker who is interested in researching accessible walks in and round the Dawlish area.
The client is very sociable and enjoys fishing, swimming and archery activities. He would also like to join the local gym and look into the possibility of getting a small voluntary position in a working environment.
Support will be provided to the client throughout the day and an importance on accessing the community is vital.
What we offer our staff
· Competitive rates of pay £10.32 – £16.30
· A comprehensive training package, including provision of mandatory training, role specific training and inclusion on QCF level 2 (dependent on your current qualifications)
· £50 bonus through the refer a friend scheme
· Access to our 24-hour on call/debrief service
· Free bespoke classroom-based training
· Frequent supervisions and weekly visits with our field supervisors
· Access to a TRiM practitioner if required
· Designated Care Management team, ready to liaise with you in relation to your shifts, support and wellbeing
· FREE DBS check
· Rota's provided a month in advance
· No uniform, we believe each member of the team should be seen as an individual
· Chance to opt into our pension scheme
· Holiday pay
· Entry into a monthly draw with prizes that supports local businesses
· Opportunities for professional development
· A chance to make a real difference in a person’s life
· We enforce an equal opportunity policy
· Sense of belonging within a tight knit team
Responsibilities will include
Planning and organising access to the community
Actively supporting with community-based rehabilitation
Supporting around the household
Minimal assistance with personal care
Participating in walks with the dog
Full clean driving licence is required
The successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is prepared to facilitate the community-based rehabilitation program
A minimum of 6 months health and social care experience is required for this role.
An interest in dogs and walking is vital for this role
The successful candidate will have knowledge of supporting clients out in the community
Spinal injury experience preferred
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 10:00 - 16:00
Additional hours can be provided to meet full time hours.
You will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all spectrums of society.
Steps Ahead Care & Support specialise in providing support to adults and young people with Acquired brain injury, learning disabilities, spinal injuries and complex care.
We are an established company with a proven track record of offering excellent support to our clients since we first opened in 2009.
We have been awarded two consecutive OUTSTANDING rating by CQC. Please find out recent report here: www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-110439732.
If you are interested in this role, would like to apply, or for further information please contact our Recruitment Co-Ordinator Emily, at our HQ on 01752 547257.
Alternatively, please see our website to apply for our current vacancies https://www.stepsaheadsupport.co.uk/vacancies