£12-17.50 per hour
06 May 2022
*MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE!*
Steps Ahead Care & Support, established in 2009 are rated OUTSTANDING by CQC and are specialists in acquired brain injury, spinal injuries, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. We offer bespoke packages to clients in their own homes and our support team help build our ethos by promoting client’s independence and offering them community-based and or rehabilitation support.
We are looking to recruit passionate & enthusiastic support workers to join Team Steps and become part of what we believe to be, something incredibly rewarding and person centred.
This role is based in Cheltenham and surrounding areas and a variety of hours are available on a full time and part time basis, FULL client specific training will be provided to all support workers.
The client is a gentleman in his 40s who sustained an acquired brain injury a number of years ago. He lives in his own home in Cheltenham, and requires 2:1 support, he requires support with most daily activities, but also loves getting out and about and has a particular interest in nature and wildlife. He also loves watching sports, top gear and dog training programmes on TV.
What do we offer our team?
· Competitive rates of pay £12-17.50 per hour, plus extra for Bank Holidays
· A comprehensive training package, including provision of mandatory training, role specific training and inclusion on QCF level 2 (dependent on your current qualifications)
· £200 bonus through the refer a friend scheme
· Access to our 24-hour on call/debrief service
· Free bespoke classroom-based training
· Access to a TRiM practitioner if required
· Chance to opt into our pension scheme
We have a range of hours available, from full time to part time and also a range of shift patterns, with both long days and sleeps available.
Responsibilities will include:
· Arranging & support to attend appointments
· General upkeep of the property
· Administering Medication
· Accessing the community
.Assisting with the clients programme of rehabilitation
Requirements for the position:
· Acquired Brain Injury experience is preferred
The chosen individuals will be enthusiastic, reliable and self - motivated. Six months health and social care experience is preferable, however, transferrable skills and personal experience will be considered.