£12-17.50 per hour
Bristol & Bath
05 May 2022
*BE A PART OF MAKING A DIFFERENCE!*
Steps Ahead Care & Support are rated OUTSTANDING by CQC and are specialists in acquired brain injury, spinal injuries, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
We are an established company since 2009, with a proven track record of offering excellent support to our clients.
We offer bespoke packages to clients in their own homes and our support team help build our ethos by promoting client’s independence and offering them community-based and rehabilitation support.
We are looking to recruit passionate & enthusiastic support workers to join Team Steps and become part of what we believe to be, something incredibly rewarding and person centred.
This role is based in Chippenham and surrounding areas and a variety of hours are available on a full time and part time basis.
What do we offer our team?
· Competitive rates of pay £12-17.50 per hour, plus extra for Bank Holidays
· A comprehensive training package, including provision of mandatory training, role specific training and inclusion on QCF level 2 (dependent on your current qualifications)
· £200 bonus through the refer a friend scheme
· Access to our 24-hour on call/debrief service
· Free bespoke classroom-based training
· Frequent supervisions and weekly visits with our field supervisors
· Access to a TRiM practitioner if required
· Designated Care Management team, ready to liaise with you in relation to your shifts, support and wellbeing
· FREE DBS check
· Rota's provided a month in advance
· No uniform, we believe each member of the team should be seen as an individual
· Chance to opt into our pension scheme
· Holiday pay
· Entry into a monthly draw with prizes that supports local businesses
· Opportunities for professional development
· A chance to make a real difference in a person’s life
· We enforce an equal opportunity policy
· Sense of belonging within a tight knit team
A range of part and full-time hours available, with opportunities for both long days and shorter shifts.
Responsibilities will include:
· Organisation of day to day tasks
· Arranging & support to attend appointments
· General upkeep of the property
· Administering Medication
· Accessing the community
Requirements for the position:
· A full clean driving licence is required
· A minimum of 6 months health and social care experience is required for this role preferably with specific knowledge and familiarity of brain injuries, however transferable skills and personal experience will be considered.
· Acquired Spinal Injury experience is preferred
You will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all
If you are interested in this role, would like to apply, or for further information please contact our Recruitment Co-Ordinator, at our HQ on 01752 547257.