Steps Ahead's 12th Birthday!
It's our 12th Birthday today!
We are grateful to operate in such an amazing and rewarding industry, and we love what we do just as much as we did on the 1st day. We have achieved an incredible amount since starting Steps Ahead Care & Support, so here are 12 things we've accomplished in 12 years -
- Being a part of only 4% of adult care services across the country who have been awarded OUTSTANDING by CQC! For two consecutive inspections
- Helping people to achieve their goals on a daily basis. We always ensure we work on a tailored rehab model and are always researching into more innovative ways of working.
- Supporting a large number of clients to a level of independence, where they no longer require our support anymore
- Huge expansion of our services, from just operating in Plymouth as an agency, to now covering the whole of the South of England & Wales
- Career progression throughout each of our teams - from office staff to support staff, we've seen so many of our staff grow and develop in their positions!
- Being recognised as an employer dedicated to supporting our employees mental wellbeing by CQC, and signing up to the Mindful Employer Charter!
- Team expansion - we've broadened our skill-base to include training instructors and a TRiM Practitioner on our team, and are one of the only companies in the South West to do so!
- Supporting clients around the world on trips of a life time - from skiing in Geneva, to festivals in the UK!
- Raising £1000's of pounds for our chosen charity, Headway
- Maintaining staff retention, with some of our support workers having been with us since day one!
- We've been able to pride ourselves on a non-judgemental and person centred approach, where regardless of previous providers attempts with some challenging cases, we have always stepped in to support and develop where we can, to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support
- Developing positive working relationships that are longstanding with case manages, occupational therapists, physios, psychologists and social workers. We continue to develop new relationships each and every day, due to our ethos and the reputation we have built
This last year has been a particularly special year for us. Through COVID, our team have managed incredibly and are stronger than ever before. We have made some HUGE progressions within the company, which has enabled us to deliver an even better service. We've expanded our team to even bigger than before, and have had some great opportunities to be involved with some incredible journeys with our clients.
Our Registered Manager Chrissy, who has been here from the very beginning and has recently embarked on a solo venture with Steps Ahead, would like to thank everyone for believing in us and the work that we do.
We are so proud of where we are, and it's been nice to sit and reflect on our achievements over the last 12 years. Thank you to all of those who support us and continue to work with us on a daily basis, here's to the next 12 years!